Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Giussani: Christ and Man

 " ........nothing is more important than the question of man's true situation. It would be impossible to become fully aware of what Jesus Christ means if one did not first become fully aware of the nature of that dynamism which makes man human. Christ proposes Himself as the answer to what "I" am and only an attentive, tender, and impassioned awareness of my own self can make me open and lead me to acknowledge, admire, thank and live, Christ. Without this awareness, even Jesus Christ becomes just a name." 


At the Origin of the Christian Claim,  p.6


Question: Is this why human formation has to be the basis of spiritual formation, why sound Anthropology is such a great help to true Spirituality, why Reason undergirds Faith, why Theology needs an adequate Philosophy underneath it? The dizzy heights human nature reaches to, the Omega that disorients it, cannot even be grasped at unless I undertake "an attentive, tender, and impassioned awareness" of my own self in relation to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment