Friday, November 30, 2012

For the Fun of It: Multi-tasking

Multi-tasking is:

1) a necessity if I am to accomplish all that has to be done,

 2) a great way to burn up calories and nervous energy, 

3) a convenient way to avoid focusing consciously on what God wants me to deal with,

4) a way to dodge the promptings of grace and do my own will instead, 

5) great technique to appear useful, important and creative to myself and others while aimlessly running around in circles and accomplishing nothing; 

6) a way of not letting myself sit and see consciously what is bubbling in my subconscious;

7) what is demanded by modern life if we are to survive its hectic pace;

8) what Martha does so that Christ will be impressed with her, and what Mary does not do because she is impressed with him;

9) what I do to avoid the challenge of honesty, intimacy, and openness with another human being;

10) all or any of the above in any combination you like.

11) Multi-tasking is......(please add your own clarifications and contradictions)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! #8 is my personal favorite. I will have to ponder what multi-tasking is to me...

    ReplyDelete